Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We as women matter...

I don't know how I could pinpoint just one topic for this final blog when so many were noteworthy... Looking back, I am grateful for the exposure and for the lessons that will stay with me... Food, Inc., Born Into Brothels, and A Closer Walk left me inspired to make changes for the better. The videos about the workers in Haiti, and the Intervention episode renewed my gratitude and deepened my empathy. Blogging with my classmates challenged me to dig deeper and to make a difference with my words. I think the greatest lesson of all comes from the collective experience. I was reminded of "the power of one".... Of my own ability to care, to hope, and to act. I feel stronger, better, wiser... and more empowered to better the lives of other women. To all of you who experienced this course with me... I wish you the same. We CAN, and DO matter to someone... everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment